- Just Water: Theology, Ethics, and Global Fresh Water Crises (Orbis Books, 2018; first edition, 2014).
- "Valuing Fresh Waters." Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: WATER, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/wat2.1343
- "Commentary on Laudato Si'." 18,000-word commentary on the encyclical Laudato Si': On Care for Our Common Home. Chapter 20 in Kenneth Himes, ed., Modern Catholic Social Teaching: Commentaries and Interpretations (Georgetown University Press, 2018).
- "Hydrology, Theology, and Laudato Si'." Theological Studies, vol. 77, no. 2 (2016): 416-435.
- Co-editor (with Andrea Vicini), Just Sustainability: Ecology, Technology, and Resource Extraction. Orbis Books, 2014.
- “Troubling Waters: the Jordan River between Religious Imagination and Environmental Degradation.” Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 3, no. 2 (2013): 109-119.
- “Water Ethics on a Human-Dominated Planet: Rationality, Context, and Values in Global Governance.” 4,000-word literature review and analysis, co-authored with Jeremy J. Schmidt (Harvard University). Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: WATER, Vol. 1 (6), November/December 2014: 533-547.