- “Local Authoritarianism as a Barrier to Democracy,” Journal of Moral Theology 8 no. 2 (June 2019): 113-121.
- “Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Unwanted Pregnancy, Mercy, and Solidarity.” Journal of Religious Ethics 46 no.4 (December 2018): 658-81.
- “Holy Family or Holy Child? Child Migrants as Vulnerable Agents.” Unaccompanied Minor Children: Social, Legal, and Ethical Proposals, ed. Hille Haker and Molly Greening (Lanham: Lexington Books, 2018), 141-60.
- “The Vice of ‘Virtue’: Teaching Consumer Practice in an Unjust World,” Journal of Moral Theology 7 no. 1 (2018):13-27.
- “‘This is the Year’: Narratives of Structural Evil.” Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics 37 no. 2 (2017): 3-19.
- Prologue to Tolerance: Human Fragility and the Quest for Justice, ed. Ville J. Päivänsalo, Taina Kalliokoski, and David Huisjen, Jr. (Zűrich: LIT, 2017), 5-6.
- “Humanae Vitae,” Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception Volume 12: Ho Tsun Shen – Insult. Edited by Dale C. Allison, Jr., Christine Helmer, Steven L. McKenzie, Thomas Römer, Jens Schröter, Choon-Leong Seow, Barry Dov Walfish, and Eric J. Ziolkowski (Boston: De Gruyter, 2016), 532.
- “Whose Sensus? Which Fidelium? Justice and Gender in a Global Church.” In Learning from All The Faithful: A Contemporary Theology of the Sensus Fidei. Edited by Peter C. Phan and Bradford Hinze (Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2016), 155-169.
- “Commodifying Sex: A View from the Margins.” Concilium 2014 no. 4: 44-52. Also published in Spanish and Italian.
- “A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing: Dealing Honestly with Pastoral Power.” In Soft Shepherd or Almighty Pastor?: Power in Pastoral Care, 122-144. Edited by Annemie Dillen. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2014.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- 2018-present Co-chair, Contingent Faculty Task Force, Society of Christian Ethics
- 2017-present Member, Editorial Board, Theological Studies