- Justice and the Way of Jesus: Christian Ethics and the Incarnational Discipleship of Glen Stassen. Editor, with Reggie L. Williams. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, Summer 2020.
- In the Shadow of a Prophet: The Legacy of Walter Rauschenbusch. Editor & Contributor, with William H. Brackney. Macon: Mercer University Press, May 2020.
- Moral Leadership for a Divided Age: Fourteen People Who Dared to Change Our World. With Colin D. Holtz. Grand Rapids: Brazos, 2018.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Past-President, American Academy of Religion and Society of Christian Ethics
- Blogger/Columnist, Religion News Service, Baptist News Global, Huffington Post, Christianity Today, etc., 1998-
- Board of Directors, Sojourners, 2014-2017
- Death Penalty Committee & Detainee Treatment Taskforce member, Constitution Project, 2009-2015
- New Evangelical Partnership for the Common Good, Co-Founder and Chair of Board, 2009-2012
- Founder and President, Evangelicals for Human Rights, 2007-2009
- Member, Committee on Ethics, Religion, and the Holocaust, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, 2000-2005