- Books: Sex, Love, and Families: Catholic Perspectives, editor with Jason King, Liturgical Press, 2020.
- Reading, Praying, Living Pope Francis’s The Joy of Love, Liturgical Press, 2017.
- Hope for Common Ground: Mediating the Personal and the Political in a Divided Church, Georgetown University Press, 2016, Moral Traditions series.
- Family Ethics: Practices for Christians, Georgetown University Press, 2010, Moral Traditions series.
- Journal Articles: “Masculinity and Sexual Abuse in the Church,” Concilium (2020/2).
- “Theology of Family Today: Contemporary Struggles and Future Promise,” Irish Theological Quarterly 85.3 (2020).
- “#MeToo, #ChurchToo: A Catholic Social Ethics Response to Sexual Violence,” Journal of Catholic Social Thought 16.2, 2019, 1-18.
- “Sex, Gender, and Revolution: Where Was Theology?,” Annual of College Theology Society 64, 2018, 63-83.
- "Cooperation with Evil Reconsidered: The Moral Duty of Resistance," Theological Studies 78.1, 2017, 96-120. “
- “The Reach and Limits of the Francis Effect,” Horizons 42.2, 2015, 403-408.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Catholic Theological Society of America Board
- Journal of Catholic Social Thought Board