De la Salle University invite visiting scholars for teaching and research or lectures. Teaching opportunities are for graduate courses (3 hours per week) taught in English, either taught alone or team-taught. Depending on the semester, course offerings can include
- Fundamental Moral Theology
- Contemporary Moral Issues
- Contemporary Issues in Theology
- Vatican II and Postconciliar Developments
Research and library access are provided at De la Salle and can be arranged at the nearby Loyola School of Theology and Saint Vincent School of Theology. If the visiting scholar applies to the university, office space is provided as well as a stipend of $100/day.
De la Salle invites mid-career, senior, and retired scholars to apply. This is not a program for post-doc or junior scholars. Lay and religious women and men are invited to apply. A couple can be accommodated, but not families. A faculty exchange between De la Salle and a visiting scholar’s institution is possible, upon negotiation.
Length of Program
De la Salle can accommodate visitors for just a few days or up to three months (full term).
- First Term: September to first week of December
- Second Term: third week of January to third week of April
- Third Term: second week of June to second week of August
English and Filipino are spoken in Manila. Housing provided for visiting professors is a condo unit. Basic health care at the university clinic is provided. Visas are required for most visitors to the Philippines staying more than 30 days (more information here). Flights will be arranged following acceptance to this program.
More about visiting Manila: https://www.thecrazytourist.com/25-best-things-manila-philippines/.
- 2015, Patricia Beattie Jung and Shannon Jung (USA)
- 2016, Jan Jans (Netherlands)
De la Salle University/Saint Vincent School of Theology
Contact: Agnes Brazal, firstname.lastname@example.org