Agnes M. Brazal
- Books: 2019 A Theology of Southeast Asia: Liberation-Postcolonial Ethics in the Philippines Maryknoll, New York: Orbis.
- 2015 (with Emmanuel S. de Guzman). Intercultural Church: Bridge of Solidarity in the Migration Context. San Jose, CA: Borderless Press.
- Journal articles: 2019 “Church as Sacrament of Yinyang Harmony: Toward an Incisive Participation of Women and Laity in the Church.” Theological Studies 80, no. 2 (2019): 1-21.
- 2019 “Does Capitalism Kill? Post-Vatican II Perspectives on Development” Louvain Studies 42 (2019): 65-85.
- 2018 “Feminist Image of God and Women’s Leadership in Ciudad Mistica de Dios,” Concilium 374, no. 1 (2018), 83- 92.
- 2017 “Dialogue and Proclamation of Truth: Reception of Nostra Aetate and Ad Gentes by the FABC,” Dialogue and Religions, Journal of Dharma vol. 42, no. 4 (October-December 2017): 411-434.
- 2015 (co-author with Andrea Vicini, sj) "Longing for Transcendence: Cyborgs, Trans- and Posthumans." Theological Studies 76, no. 1 (March 2015): 148-65.
- Book Chapters: 2019 “Postcolonialism” in The Blackwell Companion to Political Theology, 2nd ed., ed. William Cavanaugh, 516-530. Wiley-Blackwell.
- 2018 “Mary as Type and Model of Church in Lumen Gentium: Reception in Asia,” in Catholicism Opening to the World and Other Confessions: Vatican II and its Impact, ed. Vladimit Latinovic, Gerard Mannion, and Jason Welle, 167- 184. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-98581-7_11
- 2018 “Religious and Cultural Beliefs related to Disaster Risk Reduction: The Case of the Supertyphoon Haiyan.” In Fragile World: Ecology and the Church, ed. William Cavanaugh. Eugene, Oregon. Wipf and Stock
- On Vatican II: Agnes M. Brazal, “Dialogue and Proclamation of Truth: Reception of Nostra Aetate and Ad Gentes by the FABC,” Dialogue and Religions, Journal of Dharma vol. 42, no. 4 (October-December 2017): 411-434.
- Agnes M. Brazal, “Mary as Type and Model of Church in Lumen Gentium: Reception in Asia,” in Catholicism Opening to the World and Other Confessions: Vatican II and its Impact, ed. Vladimir Latinovic, Gerard Mannion, and Jason Welle (New York: Palgrave Macmillan), 167-184.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Ecclesia of Women in Asia Coordinator (2004), Publications Coordinator (2005-6), EWA Consultant (2007-2010 ), Joint Treasurer (2012-present)
- DaKaTeo- Catholic Theological Society of the Philippines President (2010-11), Vice-President (2002-2006), Board of Trustee (2002-11; 2013-present) and co-founding member
- Member (2014-present), Catholic Theological Society of America.
- Founding Member (2018), Laiki Agora: Lay Catholics for Societal and Theological Engagement
- International Advisory Board, Theological Studies (2016-present)
- International Advisory Board, Louvain Studies (2015-present)
- International Advisory Board, Catherine of Siena College-University of Roehampton (2016-present)
- Board Member, Academy of Asian Christian Studies, India (2016-present)
- Editorial board member of Asian Theological Ethics Book Series, Dharmaram Publications, Bangalore, India Editorial Board member, Budhi Journal (2011-present)