- Books: Genetica umana e bene comune (Cinisello Balsamo: San Paolo, 2008).
- Just Sustainability: Technology, Ecology, and Resource Extraction, C.Z. Peppard and A. Vicini, eds., Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church Series 3, (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2015).
- The Legacy of Vatican II, M. Faggioli and A. Vicini, eds., (Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, 2015).
- Building Bridges in Sarajevo: The Plenary Papers of Sarajevo 2018, J.F. Keenan, K. Heyer, and A. Vicini, eds., Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church Series 7, (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2019).
- Articles: “Solidarietà profetica per la nostra casa comune,” La Civiltà Cattolica III, nos. 4059-4060 (2019): 282-294.
- “Social Justice and the Promotion of the Common Good in Medical Missions to Low-Resourced Countries,” Annals of Global Health 85, no. 1 (2019): 83-84.
- “Cultivating the Inner Life of a Physician Through Written Reflection” (with A. Duggan, A. Shaughnessy), Annals of Family Medicine 15, no. 4 (2017): 379-381.
- “The role of emotions at the end of human life,” Studia Moralia 55, no. 1 (2017): 99-119.
- “L’astrobiologia e noi: Le implicazioni sociali e politiche di una scienza ‘nuova’,” La Civiltà Cattolica II, no. 4003 (2017): 3-15.
- Book Chapters: “Environmental Ethics as Bioethics” (with T. Winright), in Catholic Bioethics and Social Justice: The Praxis of US Health Care in a Globalized World, M.T. Lysaught and M. McCarthy, eds. (Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2018) 377-388.
- “Empowered by the Holy Spirit,” in The Holy Spirit: Setting the World on Fire, R. Lennan and N. Pineda-Madrid, eds., (Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, 2017) 162-172.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Co-chair of Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church.
- Series co-editor of the Moral Traditions Series, Georgetown University Press.
- Board of directors of the journal Theological Studies.
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
- Associazione Teologica Italiana per lo Studio della Morale
- Catholic Theological Society of America
- European Society for Philosophy of Medicine and Healthcare
- Society of Christian Ethics