- Blackman, A. (2020) Catholic social teaching. In: The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church. Oxford University.
- Blackman, A. (2020) Double justice. In: The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church. Oxford University. (Accepted for Publication)
- Blackman, A. (2020) Justice. In: The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church. Oxford University. (Accepted for Publication)
- Blackman, A. (2019) The common good and the challenge of populism. Signs of the Times: a Catholic Social Tradition Blog, 7 Mar.
- Blackman, A. (2018) Holy disobedience: political resistance in the London Catholic Worker community. Implicit Religion, 21(2), pp. 122-141. (doi: 10.1558/imre.37201)
- Blackman, A. (2018) Moralizing neoliberalism? An analysis of the principle of subsidiarity in Catholic social teaching. In: Still, C. N. and Rompré, G. (eds.) Turning to the World: Social Justice and the Common Good Since Vatican II. McGill-Queen's University Press: Montreal ; Kingston ; London ; Chicago, pp. 50-66. ISBN 9780773555266
- Blackman, A. P. (2016) Brexit: an exercise in the violation of subsidiarity. Political Theology Today, 8 Jul.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- September 2019-June 2020 Researcher: Health Services and Humanizing Institutions, University of Notre Dame & the University of Salzburg.
- September–December 2019 Visiting Lecturer, University of Roehampton, Christian Apologetics.
- August 2018–August 2019 Research Fellow, Center for Social Concerns, University of Notre Dame, Humanizing Institutions Project.
- October 2017-March 2018 Teaching Fellow, Dogmatic Doctrinal History and Ecumenical Institute, Tubingen University, Germany, 20th Century Social Movements and the Construction of Catholic Social Doctrine.
- October 2016-June 2017 Lecturer, Durham University, 3rd year course, Christian Tradition and the Practice of Politics.
- May 2016-January 2017 Researcher for St. Vincent de Paul charity
- January 2015-December 2017 Research Assistant
- October 2014- June 2016, Lecturer, Newcastle University, The Art of Theological Reflection
- October 2013- June 2016, Teaching Assistant, Durham University