- “Toward a Culture of Encounter: A Faith-Response to Homophobia.” In Ronaldo Zacharias (ed.), A Theology of Prevention (Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2020).
- “Malcolm X, Steve Biko, and the Religious Dream for a Multiracial Democracy.” St. Augustine Papers: A South African Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies 20 (2019).
- “The Welcome Table: The Table Fellowship of Jesus and Its Implications for Racial Justice.” In Michael B. Cover, John Theide, and Joshua Ezra Burns (eds.), Bridging Scripture and Moral Theology (Lexington Books/Rowman Press, 2019): 23-38.
- “Race and Reconciliation.” In Dwight N. Hopkins (ed.), Looking Back, Moving Forward: Wisdom from the Sankofa Institute for African American Pastoral Leadership (Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press, 2018): 133-160.
- “The Dark Night(s) of Malcolm X: Apophatic Mysticism and African American Spirituality.” In Robert J. Rivera and Michele Saracino (eds.), Enfleshing Theology: Embodiment, Discipleship, and Politics in the Work of M. Shawn Copeland (New York: Lexington Books/Fortress Academic, 2018): 215-231.
- “The Erotics of Anti-Blackness: Police Sexual Violation of Black Bodies.” In Vincent W. Lloyd and Andrew Prevot (eds.), Antiblackness in Christian Ethics (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2017); pp. 173-194.
- “Supremacía blanca, la elección de Donald Trump y el desafío a la teología.” Concilium 2017/3 (June 2017): 75-84. Also published in Italian, “La supremazia bianca, l’elezione di Donald Trump e le sfide per la teologia.” Concilium 53 (2017/3): 86-96. English: “White Supremacy, the Election of Donald Trump and the Challenge to Theology.” Concilium (2017/3): 65-73.
- “Beyond ‘Who Am I to Judge?’ The Sensus Fidelium, LGBT Experience, and Truth-Telling in the Church,” in Learning from All the Faithful: a contemporary theology of the sensus fidei, Bradford E. Hinze and Peter C. Phan (eds.), (Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2016), pp. 170-183.
- “Has the Silence Been Broken? Catholic Theological Ethics and Racial Justice.” Theological Studies 75:1 (March 2014): 133-155.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Society of Christian Ethics, Board Member
- "Theological Studies," Editorial Board
- Association for the Sociology of Religion
- Catholic Theological Society of America
- Black Catholic Theological Symposium
- American Academy of Religion