- Just Peace Ethic Primer: Building Sustainable Peace and Breaking Cycles of Violence, Georgetown University Press, forthcoming 2020.
- Becoming Nonviolent Peacemakers: A Virtue Ethic for Catholic Social Teaching and U.S. Policy, Wipf and Stock Publishers, July 2012.
- “Rectifying Political Leadership through a Just Peace Ethic” in Journal of Moral Theology, v.8 no. 2 (June 2019), 122-139.
- “A Virtue-Based Just Peace Ethic,” in Journal of Moral Theology, v.7 no.2 (June 2018), 92-101.
- “The Gospels Draw Us Further: A Just Peace Ethic,” in Expositions Ethics in Focus: Special Issue on the Future of Just War Theory in Catholic Social Thought, v.12 no.1 (2018), 80-102.
- “Breaking Out: The Expansiveness of Restorative Justice in Laudato Si,’” in Journal of Moral Theology, v.5 no.2 (June 2016).
- "Called to Holiness: Integrating the Virtue of Nonviolent Peacemaking," in Journal of Catholic Social Thought, v.11 no.1 (2014), 66-80.
- “Will You Really Protect Us Without a Gun: Unarmed Civilian Peacekeeping in the U.S.," in Journal for Peace and Justice Studies, v.22 no.2 (2013), 29-48.
- “Virtue, Nonviolence, and Just Peace” in Wiley Blackwell Companion to Religion and Peace forthcoming 2020.
- “Good Practices of Unarmed Civilian Protection: Case Study in Israel and Palestine,” in Wielding Nonviolence in the Midst of Violence, ed. E. Furnari (Books on Demand, Apr. 8, 2016).
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Society of Christian Ethics in U.S.: co-chair of Conflict, Nonviolence, and Just Peace Interest Group
- Catholic Theological Society of America
- Peace and Justice Studies Association
- CMSM: Director of Justice and Peace
- Catholic Nonviolence Initiative: chair of Education Committee, member of Steering Committee