- “Another Pro-Life Movement Is Possible” Catholic Theological Society of America Proceedings 74 (2019) 21-41.
- “On Women’s Health and Women’s Power: A Feminist Appraisal of Humanae Vitae.” Theological Studies 79:4 (2018): 818-840.
- Catholic Theology of Marriage in an Era of HIV and AIDS: Marriage for Life (Lanham, Maryland: Lexington Books, 2015).
- “An Intersectional Approach to Love and Marriage.” Jason King and Julie Hanlon Rubio, Eds., Love, Sex, and Families: Catholic Perspectives. Collegeville: Liturgical, 2020. Forthcoming.
- “Suffering or Flourishing?: Marriage and the Imitation of Christ.” Kathleen Dolphin and Rosemary Carbine, Eds., Women, Wisdom, and Witness: Theological Reflections from the New Voices Seminar. Collegeville: Liturgical, 2012. 124-145.
- “The Listening Church: How Ethnography Can Transform Catholic Sexual Ethics.” Christian A. B. Scharen and Aana Marie Vigen, Eds., Ethnography as Christian Theology and Ethics. New York: Continuum, 2011. 97-117.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- I am in my fourth year serving as department chair which involves a lot of administrative work (we are a department of 28 faculty teaching 1,400 students each semester). I am in my first year as chair of our College of Arts and Sciences Academic Assembly, which is the shared governance body of the College.
- I participated in the San Diego Diocesan Synod on the Family and am one of the organizers of the Future of Faith series to empower Catholic women and youth in the Diocese to envision what it means to share our gifts with the church in a meaningful way. I also served on the USD Task Force on Clerical Sexual Abuse in 2018-2019.