Democratic Republic of the Congo
- “La Política de La Conservación de Los Bosques. Dilemas Éticos e Impacto En La Construcción de La Paz.” In Amazonia: Dón y Taréa, edited by Geraldo L. de Mori, Michelle Becka y John Baptist Antony (eds.), Concilium., 392:53–68. Concilium. International Journal of Theology, 2021.
- “Virtue-Based Just Peace Approach and the Challenges of Rape as a Weapon of War: Case of the Democratic Republic of Congo” in A Just Peace Ethic Primer, Building Sustainable Peace and Breaking Cycles of Violence, Eli S. McCarthy, Ed., (Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press 2019).
- “Mitigating Deforestation in the Congo Basin and Global Climate Change: An Ethic of Environmental Responsibility based on African Spirituality” in Nature and the Environment in Contemporary Religious Contexts, Muhammad Shafiq and Thomas Donlin-Smith., ed. (Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2018).1. “Rape-Weapon of War: A Crime of War and A Crime Against Humanity Contemporary Challenges to Peace and Justice in Rwanda and the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).” Journal for Peace and Justice Studies 28, no. 2 (July 2019): 40-59.
- “Rectifying Political Leadership through a Just Peace Ethic.” Journal of Moral Theology, Vol. 8, No. 2 (2019): 122-139. Co-authored with Eli McCarthy (Georgetown University).
- “‘Education as the Practice of Freedom’ to Address Educational Poverty in Sub-Sahara Africa.” Asian Horizons 12, no. 1 (March 2018): 52-65.
- “The Feminization of Poverty. How Traditional Gender Bias and Sexual Violence Keep Women in Poverty in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.” Congo-Afrique, no. 513 (March 2017): 231-242.
- “Rape-Weapon of War: A Crime of War and A Crime Against Humanity Contemporary Challenges to Peace and Justice in Rwanda and the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).” Journal for Peace and Justice Studies 28, no. 2 (July 2019): 40-59.
- “Christological Foundations for Political Participation: Women in the Global South Building Agency as Risen Beings.” Political Theology, vol. 18 no.5 (June, 2016): 399-422. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1462317X.2016.1195592
- “The Contribution of Jacques Maritain on Political Participation of the Christians in the Temporal World.” Telema/Congo, Jesuit Journal, 1, no. 16 (January-June 2016), 2-22.
- “La déforestation en République Démocratique du Congo et ses effets sur le changement climatique : Une analyse éthique à la lumière de Laudato Si’. Congo-Afrique, no. 509 (Novembre 2016): 841-859.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Léocadie Lushombo is Teresian.
- Prior to her Ph.D., she worked with women conducting studies:
- - evaluating the effective participation of women in the DRC and particularly in the Demobilization, Disarmament, and Reinsertion (DDR) program in accordance with the Resolution 1325 of the Security Council of the United Nations/North and South Kivu/DRC, March-July 2010.
- - on participation in “Genre Politique” (Gender Politics), with NGOs in collaboration with Professor Philippe de Leener from ENDA Intermonde/Belgique.