Lisa Sowle Cahill
- Global Justice, Christology, and Christian Ethics (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2013).
- Theology and Praxis of Gender Equality (Bangalore, India: Dharmaram Publications, 2018).
- Blessed Are the Peacemakers: Pacifism, Just War, and Peacebuilding (Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press, 2019).
- Concilium: Gender and Theology, Spirituality, Practice, no. 4 (2012), eds. Lisa Sowle Cahill, Diego Irarrazaval, and Elaine Wainwright (London: SCM Press).
- Concilium: Corruption, no. 5 (2014), eds. Regina Ammicht Quinn, Lisa Sowle Cahill, and Luiz Carlos Susin, (London: SCM Press).
- Concilium: Families, no. 2 (2016), eds. Susan A. Ross, Lisa Sowle Cahill, Erik Borgman, and Sarojini Nadar, (London: SCM Press).
- “Just War, Pacifism, Just Peace, and Peacebuilding.” Theological Studies 80, no. 1 (March 2019): 169-185.
- “Catholic Tradition on Peace, War, and Just Peace,” in A Just Peace Ethic Primer: Building Sustainable Peace and Breaking Cycles of Violence, ed. Eli S. McCarthy (Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University Press, 2020), 35-54.
- “Mining and Women’s Activism: Still Under the Surface of Catholic Social Teaching,” in Celia Deane-Drummond and Hilda Koster, eds., Gender, Mining, and Toxic Contamination (Bloomsbury, 2022), prepared under the auspices of the Laudato Si’ Research Institute, Campion Hall, Oxford.
- “Power, Sex and Violence: Resisting Catholic Clergy Sex Abuse,” submitted for edited volume, 3-year project on Clericalism and Sexuality (2019-2021), Von Hügel Institute of the University of Cambridge (UK).
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Asian Horizons (Journal of Dharmaram College, Bangalore, India), Advisory Board 2014-present.
- Irish Theological Quarterly, Maynooth, International Advisory Board, 2016-present.
- Journal of Catholic Social Thought, Editorial Board, 2011-present.
- Journal of Religious Ethics, Editorial Board, Associate Editor and/or Board of Trustees, 1978-present.
- Melita Theologica (Journal of the University of Malta), International Advisory Board, 2012- present.
- Bloomsbury Series on Theology, Gender and Ecology, 2018-present.
- Catholic Theological Society of America, President 1992-93 (Vice-President, 1990-1991, President-Elect 1991-1992, Past President 1993-1994); Nominating Committee 1996-1998; Chair, Moral Theology Steering Committee 1984-1987; Bioethics/Healthcare Ethics Steering Committee, 2007-2008.
- Society of Christian Ethics, President, 1997-1998 (Vice President and President Elect, 1996); Board of Directors, 1982-1986.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 1996-present.