M. Therese Lysaught
- A Chasing After Virtue: Neuroscience, Economics, and the Biopolitics of Morality (University of Notre Dame Press, 2021), with Jeffrey P. Bishop and Andrew Michaels.
- Catholic Bioethics and Social Justice: The Praxis of US Healthcare in a Globalized World (Liturgical Press, 2019), with Michael McCarthy.
- “Whose Revolution? Which Future? The Legacy of Alasdair MacIntyre for a Radical Pedagogy in Virtue,” in Explorations: Interdisciplinary Studies in the Humanities, 14, no. 1 (2020): 97-125, with Daniel P. Rhodes.
- Beyond Stewardship: Reordering the Economic Imagination of Catholic Health Care,” Christian Bioethics 26, no. 1 (April 2020): 31-55.
- “Las Periferias y El Pan: Pope Francis, the Theology of the People, and the Conversion of Catholic Bioethics,“ appeared in Perspectivas Teológica Bioética 51, no. 3 (December 2019): 421-442.
- “Equally Strange Fruit: Catholic Health Care and the Appropriation of Residential Segregation," Journal of Moral Theology 8, no. 1 (January 2019): 36-62, with Cory Mitchell.
- “Catholicism in the Neonatal Context: Belief, Practice, Challenge, Hope,” in Religion and Ethics in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, edited by Ron Green and George Little, 37-64. Oxford University Press (2019).
- “Sr. Mary Stella Simpson: A Midwife of Grace and the Transcendence of Accompaniment” in Can I Get a Witness? Thirteen Peacemakers, Community-Builders, and Agitators for Faith and Justice, edited by Charles Marsh, Daniel Rhodes, and Shea Tuttle, 295-324 (Wm B. Eerdmans Publishers, February 2019).
- “A Catholic Social Praxis for US Health Care: Revisioning Catholic Bioethics Via Catholic Social Doctrine,” with Michael McCarthy. Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics 38, no. 2 (2018): 111–130.
- “That Jagged Little Pill and the Counter-Politics of the Community of the Expelled: A Sacramental Assessment of Psychiatric Medication,” Christian Bioethics 24, no. 3 (26 October 2018): 246–264. DOI: 10.1093/cb/cby012
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Associate Editor, Journal of Moral Theology
- Editorial Board, Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics
- Editorial Board, Studies in Christian Ethics
- Editorial Board, The Other Journal
- Editorial Board, Cascade Press
- Facilitator, "The COVID-19 Pandemic and Global Healthcare Delivery: Fostering Spiritual, Emotional, and Moral Resilience in the Face of the Coming Crisis," CMMB
- Facilitator, "Global Faith-Based Health Systems Initiative, "Georgetown University and Fondazione Bruno Kessler (Trento, Italy)
- Catholic Health Association, Ministry Assessment Site Observer
- Society of Christian Ethics
- American Society of Bioethics and Humanities