- Blood in the Fields: Óscar Romero, Catholic Social Teaching, and Land Reform. Washington, D.C.: Catholic University of America Press, 2020.
- “‘A Shadowy Sort of Right’: The Ius Necesitatis and Catholic Moral Theology.” Journal of Moral Theology (forthcoming, 2021).
- Natalie Carnes and Matthew Whelan. “Towards a Topography of the Visual.” International Journal of Systematic Theology (forthcoming, 2021).
- “Agroecology, Biological Control, and Catholic Social Teaching.” Modern Theology (April 2021)
- “The Business of War in Latin America.” In The Business of War: Theological-Ethical Reflections on the Military-Industrial Complex, edited by Justin Barringer, Jimmy McCarty, and Matthew Tapie. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books (forthcoming 2020).
- “Agroecology and Natural Law.” Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics 40, no. 1 Spring/Summer 2020).
- “To Till and Keep It’: Catholic Social Doctrine and Agroecology.” Communio 46, no. 3-4 (Fall-Winter 2019).
- ‘You Possess the Land that Belongs to All Salvadorans’: Archbishop Óscar Romero and Ordinary Violence.” Modern Theology 35, no. 4 (2019).
- “The Promise and Perils of Agriculture: An Agroecological Reading of Laudato Si’.” In Integral Ecology for a More Sustainable World: Dialogues with Laudato Si’, edited by Matthew Eaton, Dennis Patrick O’Hara, and Michael Ross. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2019.
- “‘Jesus is Our Jubilee’: A Theological Reflection on the Pontifical Council of Justice and Peace’s Toward a Better Distribution of Land: The Challenge of Agrarian Reform.” Journal of Moral Theology 6, no. 2 (2017).
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- 2020- Natural Law and Public Justice Working Group
- 2019- Global Ethics steering committee for Baylor’s Ethics Research Initiative
- 2016- Member of the Society of Christian Ethics
- 2016- Board Member, New Wine New Wineskins
- 2012- International Committee, World Hunger Relief Farm