- “Nussbaum, Anger, and Racial Justice: On the Epistemological and Eschatological Limitations of White Liberalism,” Political Theology 21, no. 5 (2020), available at: https://doi.org/10.1080/1462317X.2020.1747810
- “Emotions and Christian Ethics,” in Tobias Winright, ed., T&T Clark Handbook of Christian Ethics (forthcoming 2020)
- “Payback, Forgiveness, Accountability: Exercising Responsible Agency in the Midst of Structured Racial Harm,” Religions 10, no. 9 (2019): 528, available at: https://doi.org/10.3390/rel10090528
- “Black Lives Matter and Catholic Whiteness: A Tale of Two Performances,” Horizons 44, no. 2 (2017): 306-341, available at: https://doi.org/10.1017/hor.2017.121
- “The Black Lives Matter Movement: Justice and Health Equity,” Health Progress 97, no. 6 (2016): 42-47, available at: https://www.chausa.org/publications/health-progress/article/the-common-good/the-black-lives-matter-movement-justice-and-health-equity
- “The Civic Virtues of Social Anger: A Critically Reconstructed Normative Ethic for Public Life,” Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics 36, no. 1 (2016): 123-143, available at: https://doi.org/10.1353/sce.2016.0008
- “Human Rights and Intrinsic Evil: The Language of Exceptionless Moral Norms in Catholic Theological Ethics,” Horizons 41, no. 1 (2014): 142-165, available at: https://doi.org/10.1017/hor.2014.32
- “The Enduring Ethical Vision of Gaudium et Spes: Catholic Moral Engagement in the Twenty-First Century,” in Kevin J. Ahern, ed., Visions of Hope: Emerging Theologians and the Future of the Church (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Press, 2013), 129-132.
- “Coercion, Autonomy, and the Preferential Option for the Poor in the Ethics of Organ Transplantation,” Developing World Bioethics 12, no. 3 (2012): 135-147, available at: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-8847.2012.00327.x
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Society of Christian Ethics
- Member, Catholic Theological Society of America
- Member, College Theology Society
- Administrative Team, Bioethics and Healthcare Topic Session, Catholic Theological Society of America
- Executive Committee, Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program, Seattle University
- The Antidemocratic Power of White Anger: Accountability in a Post-Insurrection Time
- A Catholic Case for Police Defunding and Abolition
- A Climate of Fear, Incompetence, and Possibility
- Moving from Words to Action after Charlottesville
- What is Truth?
- VSED: Is the Practice both Respectful and Compassionate?
- Dangerous Memories, Dangerous Movements: Christian Freedom in the Empire