- “The Political Context of the Infancy Narratives and the Apolitical Devotion to the Santo Nino” Hapag 7 (2010); 37-51.
- "Evil, Evolution and Divine Involvement, Part I” Talad 6 (2010); 24-57.
- “Evil, Evolution and Divine Involvement, Part II Talad 7 (2012).
- “Faith as an Informal Veto Power” USC Graduate School Journal Vol. 28 no. 1, (2011); 26-36.
- “Vatican II and the Ministry of the Presbyterate: The Cebuano Experience” Hapag 11 (2014), 9-26.
- “Elements in the Barrel that Produce Rotten Apples” in Theology and Power: International Perspectives, Bullivant Stephen, Genilo, Eric Marcelo et al eds. New York: Paulist Press 2016. Pp. 137-154.
- "Novena Prayers to One like Us” in Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Icon and The Filipinos: Multidisciplinary Perspectives to a Perpetual Help Spirituality” Gaspar, Karl, CSsR, Mendoza Desiree, eds. Pp, 131-146.
- “To Prophesy or not to Prophesy – Is it the Question?” Concilium 2018/!: Asian Christianities, Pilario, Daniel Franklin, Wilfred Felix, et al, eds. Pp. 135-140.
- “The Philippine Church: Beyond Clericalism in her Relations with the State” in Towards Just Gender Relations: Rethinking the Role of Women in Church and Society Vienna: Vienna University Press, 2019), Pp. 103-119.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Regional Quality Assessment Team, Commission of Higher Education, Region VII
- Consultant, Philippine Center for Population and Development
- Consultant and Member of Ethics Committee, Office of Population Studies, University of San Carlos
- Member, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Scholarship Foundation
- Member, Cebu Archdiocesan Major Seminary Foundation Incorporated
- Guest Professor, San Carlos Seminary College
- Former Vice President of Dakateo (Catholic Theological Society of the Philippines)
- Board Member, Cebu City Press Council