Back to Directory
- Book Chapters: 2018. Daniels-Sykes, Shawnee M. “Enfleshing Freedom: A Christological Focus on Discipleship in Light of the Crucified Christ and Black Bodies, pp. 129-39, in Enfleshing Theology: Embodiment, Discipleship, and Politics in the Work of M. Shawn Copeland, edited by Michele Saracino and Robert Rivera, (Lanham, Maryland: The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group).
- 2018. Daniels-Sykes, Shawnee M. “Death Shrines as Memorial Acclamations: Black Lives Matter, Gone But not Forgotten,” pp. 161-75, in Looking Back, Moving Forward: Wisdom from the Sankofa Institute for African American Pastoral Leadership, edited by Dwight N. Hopkins, (Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press).
- 2017. Daniels-Sykes, “Conscience, Race, and Health Care Disparities: Catholicism and the Formation of Conscience in Light of a Black Liberation Bioethics,” pp. 185-98, in Conscience & Catholic Health Care: From Clinical Contexts to Government Mandates, edited by David E. DeCosse and Thomas A. Narin (Maryknoll, New York: Orbis Books).
- 2014. Daniels-Sykes, Shawnee, “Meaning in Life: A Brother’s Struggles,” page 39, in Befriending Death: Over 100 Essays on Living and Dying, edited by Michael C. Vocino and Alfred G. Killea (Indiana: iUniverse).
- 2014. Daniels-Sykes, Shawnee. “A Feminist Ethical Perspective on Women/Girls as oppressors: the Cycle of Oppressor-Internalized Oppression” pp. 269-79, in Feminist Catholic Theological Ethics: Conversations in the World Church, , edited by Linda Hogan and Agbonkhianmeghe E. Orabator (Maryknoll, New York: Orbis Books).
- Articles: 2014. Daniels-Sykes, Shawnee M. “Erecting Death Shrines/Memorials: Unified Sympathetic Faith Responses, Gunning for Empathy and Compassion in the Second Amendment Debates,” New Theology Review 27 (September): 17-24.
- 2010. Daniels-Sykes, Shawnee M. “M.W. Pediatric Futility: A Theological Ethical Analysis,” Internet Journal of Catholic Bioethics 5:1 (Summer).
- 2010. Daniels-Sykes, Shawnee M. “A Case of Environmental Ethics: Personal Care Products and Precocious Puberty in Black Girls,” New Theology Review 23 (February): 37-47.
- 2009. Daniels-Sykes, Shawnee M. “Code Black: A Black Catholic Liberation Bioethics,” The Journal of Black Catholic Theology 3 (Fall): 29-59.
- 2009. Daniels-Sykes, Shawnee M. “Ethical Commentary in the Use of Marijuana: A Theological Ethical Analysis,” Internet Journal of Catholic Bioethics 3:1 (Spring).
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Black Catholic Theological Symposium (1998-present)
- Catholic Theological Society of America (2005-present)
- Society for Christian Ethics (2008-present)
- National Association of Professional Women (2011-present)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing (2009-present)